ZOOS & AQUARIUMS
PLACES AROUND THE WORLD
- American Revolution Museum: Explore the compelling stories and complex events of the American Revolution through 360-degree high-resolution panoramic images, supplemental audio tours, and more.
- British Museum, London: Explore ancient historical artifacts from Africa, Asia, the Americas, Europe, and Oceania in this totally interactive virtual tour. This museum also features the Rosetta Stone!
- Detroit Institute of Arts: Get your fill of modern art, realism, impressionism, and more with Detroit Institute of Arts’ online exhibits. There’s also an exhibit that features Frida Kahlo.
- Georgia O’Keeffe Museum: Five virtual exhibits walk you through the inspiration behind Georgia O’Keeffe’s greatest works, from modernism to watercolors. She’s affectionately dubbed the “Mother of American Modernism,” and these pieces truly take our breath away.
- Getty Museum: With over 25 online exhibits, the J. Paul Getty Museum is loaded with color, history, and life lessons we can all take home.
- High Museum of Art, Atlanta: Atlanta is home to some of America’s most fascinating history. Walkthrough the passionate story of the Civil Rights Movement with this online exhibit.
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston: For all things fashion—and all things art—the 16 virtual exhibits by the Museum of Fine Arts are definitely worth a look. This is another interactive tour that guides you through the museum without ever needing to leave your couch.
- The Museum of Modern Art: You can see MoMA’s full Sophie Taeuber-Arp collection courtesy of this walkthrough guide.
- NASA at Home: Get the full experience of being in the Houston Space Center with an app that offers augmented reality. You can also use the virtual gallery to get a 360-degree view of the galaxy.
- National Museum of the United States Air Force: The official virtual tour of the National Museum of the United States Air Force includes a stroll through the cockpit as well as models of America’s earliest aircraft.
- Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam: This museum is chock-full of some of the most beautiful paintings to grace walls, and it’s available for touring via Google Arts & Culture.
- Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History: Have your own night at the museum—pun intended—with this interactive tour that leads you through the winding hallways of the world’s most interesting historical artifacts.
- The Vatican Museum: Take a trip to Vatican City without even leaving your house with this virtual tour featuring Raphael’s Rooms, the Sistine Chapel, and the New Wing.